The IALEFI Master Instructor Development Program (MIDP) was designed to provide continuing education to individuals certified as firearms instructors. Foundation courses of the MIDP include instructor level training on the three most commonly utilized law enforcement weapon systems-------- handgun, rifle and shotgun.
Different proven methodologies will be used to enhance the teaching skills of the police firearms instructor. Hands-on skills will progress from the basics to the more complex and all participants regardless of skill level will find themselves challenged. Practical exercise will put an emphasis on both practical marksmanship and operational skills.
Throughout the 3 day program, participants will be shown a number of drills designed to improve the performance of both proficient and problem shooters. The information presented will prove especially useful in creating a positive training experience that will ultimately result in greater officer safety.
* range safety
* review of shooting fundamentals/positions
* operational skills
* basic tactics such as movement, use of cover, light management, etc.
* shooter remediation
* adult learning concepts
* coaching strategies
* course design
1) Pistol and holster, 400 rounds, and 10 dummy rounds
2) Semi-auto rifle with a sling, 300 rounds and 3 magazines
3) Shotgun, pistol, 120 rounds (at least 20 rounds buckshot, 10 rounds slugs, bird shot okay for the rest).
4) A Black Marker, wrap around eye protection, ear protection and brimmed hat
5) Hydration fluids and snacks
Numa Landry - NC
Joseph Birchett - NC
Best Western Plus, 501 SE Walton BLVD, Bentonville AR 479-845-7707
Comfort Suites, 2011 SE Walton BLVD, Bentonville AR 479-568-4633
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 2205 SE Walton BLVD, Bentonville AR 479-271-2222
DoubleTree Suites, 301 SE Walton BLVD, Bentonville AR 479-845-7770
Hampton Inn, 4501 W Walnut Street, Rogers AR 479-986-0500
Country Inn & Suites, 4304 W Walnut Street, Rogers AR 479-633-0055
Location: Benton County Sheriff's Office, 1300 SW 14th Street, Bentonville, AR 72712
Contact International Association of Law
Enforcement Firearms Instructors
25 Country Club Rd, Ste 707, Gilford NH 03249